Direct Sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Job Summary: Develops business and retains and services clients in a specified geographic region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Generates and develops new direct sales accounts in assigned territory to meet specified goals.
- Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships that includes builders and architects.
- Develops and manages Sales Funnel using the Ideal Customer Profile to target new Contractors.
- Provides and updates annual sales budget/forecast for assigned territory.
- Creates and maintains a rolling 3-month sales activity calendar for assigned territory.
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
- Attends and participates in business/trade events as required.
- Focuses on customer face time in the field (80 – 100% minimum). Effectively plans customer visits and associated travel arrangements.
- Ensures that all required client paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
- Provides “Voice of the Customer” to IEL General Manager.
- Supports Continuous Improvement (CI) as requested for key IEL business processes.
- Conducts self and executes all responsibilities in a professional and effective manner consistent with Company Core Values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS office
- Prior sales experience.
- Ambitious, well organized, and highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentation to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to travel overnight on a regular basis (up to 80%)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, one to two years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in direct sales to Residential contractors